The conference to be held as part of the CAMX trade show will focus on basalt fiber-reinforced polymers used in the construction of road infrastructure.
CAMX, the composites and advance materials expo, will take place in the city of Anaheim (California, US), September 23-26, 2019. Hosted by ACMA (American Composite Manufacturers Association) and SAMPE (Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering), this event offers a networking platform for the professionals from composite and advanced materials industries.
This exhibition brings together industry leaders from transportation, construction and infrastructure, airspace, marine, wind energy, software, medicine, sports and leisure sectors.
CAMX is an all-encompassing event that unites innovators, developers and manufacturers, academic and business circles to replace the materials of yesterday with more cost-efficient, high-performance composites that can form a brighter future.
CAMX 2019 business program: main sessions
- Pushing Towards Zero Defects in High-Volume Dissimilar Material Joining
- Composites Education for the Modern Engineer
- Recycling Composites – An Implementation Story
- Future Impact of FRP Concrete Reinforcement on the Commercial Building Industry
- Automation in Composites Manufacturing: Status, Advances and Future
- Urban Air Mobility – City Infrastructure Design and the Promise of Composites
- Large Scale Additive Manufacturing: Opportunities, Challenges and Path Forward
- Personal Transportation – Automotive Industry Megatrends and Their Impact on Composite Materials
- Tooling Technology Advancements to Meet Increased Composite Markets
- Beyond the Materials Genome Initiative: AI-Driven, Autonomous, High-Throughput Materials Science
- NDI Technology Advances and Challenges
During the conference Florida Bridges and Structures for 100+ Year Service, the speakers will highlight the current projects that utilize a variety of FRP materials for construction of new highway infrastructure applications including Basalt-FRP & Glass-FRP reinforcing bars for concrete bridge structures.
The life-cycle cost comparisons will also be presented though research into the application of basalt composites and other fiber-reinforced polymer materials is ongoing.
The following manufacturers have already confirmed the participation:
The SAERTEX Group, a global market leader in the development and production of composite reinforcement solutions made of glass, carbon, aramid, basalt and other fibers. SAERTEX products are used in many market segments including aerospace, marine, automotive, sports and leisure, railway systems, pipe relining, civil infrastructure, and wind energy.
Xi’an Yongxing Science & Technology Development Co. Ltd. that works on R&D, design of glass fiber composite material, carbon fiber composite material, aramid fiber composite material, basalt fiber composite material and its products.
Michelman, known in the fibers and composites industry as an interface expert, designer and manufacturer of eco-friendly functional coatings. Late 2017 the company entered into a cooperation agreement on the development of high-performance basalt fiber based composites with a well-known player in the basalt market, Mafic SA.
By the way, it was Mafic that supplied fiber-reinforced products for the construction of an eco-friendly basalt composite bridge in the Netherlands.